Consulting, Design, & Illustration
HiRES Graphics • Consulting
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
1989 to Present
Providing a wide spectrum of Internet and design consulting services to businesses, individuals, and non-profits.
Design & Development:
- Prescription Advisory Systems & Technologies
- Gait and Balance Academy:
- Red Queen Gaming:
- Frank Hyder:
- Solcum Films:
- TBT Barter:
- Arnold Painting Service:
- Ben Franklin Tricentennial /The Autobiography Project:
coded the Website for autobiographical submissions later used on bus kiosks throughout Philadelphia.
- 9th Street Italian Market Festival:
Created Web site for the annual festival.
- Project Make Waves:
Worked on proof of concept e-philanthropy Web site that raised several million dollars lead and to formation of GivingCapital.
- Reality Online /Reality Technology:
Created versions of Moneynet.com Web site and multiple projects for financial companies including Vanguard, Smith Barney, Cassidy & Green, & others.
Search Engine Optimization and Consulting:
Information Architecture and User Experience and Design:
- Shenandoah Studio LLC:
- Screen Graphics for World War II iPad game prototype design
- Family Pad:
- Interface design for tablet computer family/household app.
- Reality Online/Reality Technology:
- Interface/Icon design for WealthBuilder software. Vector based advertisements with limited animation for Prodigy.
Wide variety of print based and screen based graphic design. Everything from corporate identity, to packaging, to interface design, book design, and more. Projects include:
- Arnold Painting Service
- Sanctuary Yoga
- Quest Chiropractic
- Evans’ Sports Cards and Collectables
Everything from editorial illustration to technical illustration to cartooning and storyboards. Projects include:
- Book Covers/Design:
- Fallen Walls & Fallen Towers by Adriene Redd
- Insights from the Ordinary by Mitch Rosenzweig
- Reaching for Insights by Mitch Rosenzweig
- DC Comics:
- Computer coloring for advertising campaigns including “Batman: Knightfall”, “Zero Hour”, and “Judge Dredd”.
- Philadelphia Weekly/The Welcome Mat:
- Created editorial illustrations for Philadelphia weekly newspaper. Often several a week. Illustrated author Jim Knipfel’s weekly column.
Editorial, technical, and advertising creative writing. Currently writing an on going food blog and a design/art blog.
- The Man Who Ate South Jersey, 2011 to Present
- Photoshop 7 Book
- Reality Technology
- Philadelphia Weekly/The Welcome Mat:
In charge of day-to-day operations of fine art photography studio. This includes maintenance of 5 station Macintosh network, color workflow, large format Epson printers, color correction, photo retouching, color & grayscale digital printmaking, and all IT work.
Director of Web Design
1999 to 2001
As one of the first employees hired for this internet start up helped secure several million dollars of venture capital then was instrumental in the development of the companies two key products:
- On Line Donation Engine:
- Product enable Nonprofit organizations to quickly and easily take and process credit card donations and create matching fund campaigns.
- Donor Advised Funds:
- Worked in conjunction with the National Philanthropic Trust to create donor advised funds, a less complicated alternative to foundations, for major financial institutions.
1986 to 1989
In the heyday of the Amiga computer Discovery Software created original and licensed computer games and utilities including Arkanoid, Marauder, Sword of Sodan, Zoom!, Hybris, and others.
Was responsible for the creation of:
- Package Design
- Game Design
- Game Animations
- Public Relations & Advertising
Moore College of Art & Design
Adjunct Professor of Computer Graphics
1992 to Present
Helped to define the Media Arts program. Created the syllabus for Photoshop, HTML, CSS, Web Design, & others. Worked one-on-one with students ranging in ages from 15 to 80. Taught intensive weekend seminars and training sessions for teachers seeking state & federal certification. Managed academic timelines, deadlines, classrooms, and counseled students. Adapted classes for e-learning using Moodle software.
- Adobe Photoshop – Basics through Advanced
- WordPress –
- Web I – HTML, CSS, and Web Design
- Web II – Dreamweaver and Advanced Web Design
- Web III – Advanced Web Design Projects, HTML5/CSS3, Bootstrap, and Infographics
- Adobe Illustrator – Basics through Advanced
1992 to Present
Freelance consultant providing on site computer instruction and consulting to companies and individuals.
Consulting & Instruction services include:
- Macintosh – Basic through advanced
- Color Workflow
- Web Design – Needs analysis & information architecture
- Adobe Photoshop – Basic through advanced
- Adobe Illustrator – Basic through advanced
- Quark Express
Hussian School of Art
1996 to 1997
Taught “Introduction to Computer Graphics”, an overview class that included basic concepts, Quark Xpress, Adobe Illustrator, & Photoshop.
Computer Graphics Instructor
1992 to 1999
Provided training for the printing, advertising, and publishing industries for an Apple Computer authorized Value Added Reseller.
Companies trained include:
- North American Publishing
- Chilton Press
Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
1977 to 1981
Studied painting and drawing at the oldest art school in North America. Graduated in 1981.
• Louis J. Fine Purchase Prize, 1981
• Rohm & Haas Purchase Prize, 1981
University of the Arts
1981 to 1982
Studied commercial art. Classes attended include production art, advertising illustration, and calligraphy.
The Profits Investment Club
1996 to Present
Founding member of a Philadelphia based chapter of the National Association of Investment Clubs. Club has consistently outperformed the market.
Macintosh Business Users Society
1992 to 2000
The largest Macintosh User’s group in the Delaware Valley area. Helped grow the organization and designed their logo.
Held the offices of:
- Vice President
- Special Interest Group Leader